How long should the length of hair be before I can get waxed?
While it depends on the thickness of the hair, it should be approximately 1 cm.
Is there anything I need to do or know before coming for my treatment?
Advice to keep in mind:
- If you are menstruating, it is NOT recommended to have your Brazilian done as the skin around that area is very sensitive and you will experience more pain during the service. It is also NOT advisable to do a Brazilian wax during that time for hygiene reasons. For best practice, please wait for about 3 - 5 days before or after your menstrual cycle.
- If you are pregnant, please check with your doctor prior to coming for a Brazilian wax. We generally DO NOT recommend Brazilian waxing for customers who are still in their first trimester.
- If you have just delivered, please wait for 3 months after a natural delivery or 6 months after a caesarean delivery before coming for a Brazilian wax.
- If you have undergone any form of surgery, please wait for 6 months before coming to wax said body part.
- If you have been shaving, please stop shaving for at least 2 - 3 weeks prior to your waxing appointment.
- If you have sensitive skin, allergic reaction to food, lotion application or medication, and/or consuming any hormone supplement, please let us know and we will advise you accordingly.
What's the difference between a Bikini wax and a Brazilian wax?
Bikini wax is a basic tidy; we wax the sides (called your panty line) and across the top. If you're wearing a bikini, this will prevent hairs from peeking out.
Brazilian wax cleans up everything, from the front all the way to the back and everything in between. This is perfect for a completely nude look or you can leave a neat triangle or small "landing strip" on the front - it’s totally up to you!
Will it be awkward? This is my first time and I feel a little shy.
You might feel a little shy in the beginning but our therapists will treat you professionally and put you at ease. Be confident about your body, there’s nothing to be ashamed of! If you have any questions or uncertainties, feel free to let us know.
Why is it more painful this time compared to before?
- It could be due to various reasons:
- It has been a long time since your last treatment
- It is too near to your menstrual cycle
- Hair may be thicker this time due to shaving
- There might be changes in your hormones
- If you have been under stress recently
Why does bleeding, rashes or in-grown hair occur after waxing?
Bleeding after waxing may be due to two main reasons - the skin was either too dry or too thin, thus causing a little peeling in that area. You may encounter a slight discomfort for the next few days. Rashes generally appear in areas where the pores are bigger. So after waxing, your pores open up, causing rashes to occur. In-grown hair happens when a layer of dead skin cells cover the hair shaft. This can be rectified by doing some gentle scrubbing and moisturising.
What is LASER X Hair Removal?
It is a semi-permanent hair removal method where beams of laser light are used to weaken hair follicles. With each treatment session, you will be guaranteed less hair growth and the results may last up to 5 years.
Why choose LASER X Hair Removal? Does it really work?
Tired of that monthly waxing affair? Banish the muff semi-permanently with guaranteed results! LASER X is a long term hair reduction solution that not only removes hair but also lightens pigmentation and reduces ingrown hair substantially.
Can my hair be permanently removed?
It varies depending on your skin and hair condition. However, it is guaranteed that 80% - 85% of your hair will not grow back. The remaining 15% - 20% of your hair will be finer compared to the original hair texture.
How often do I have to come back for treatment?
The recommended course of treatment is a 4 weeks interval between each session.
Is the treatment safe?
Yes, it is safe. Some customers may experience mild reddening of the treatment area for a day or so, but other complications are rare. Bubble Gum Wax uses a machine that delivers light energy to the skin very gently and the hand-piece helps to extract heat from the skin for maximum protection when each pulse of light is administered.
Does Laser X cause cancer?
The light used in our laser hair removal treatment DOES NOT contain significant amounts of UVA or UVB that are associated with increasing risks of cancer.
How does LASER X hair removal compare with waxing?
LASER X hair removal produces longer-lasting results and targets hair even before it becomes visible. In addition, re-growth is usually slower after these laser treatments and is generally lighter and thinner in texture.
Why does it cost more than waxing?
The results are long-term. In the end, you actually save up to TWICE the amount you usually spent on shaving or waxing without the constant upkeep.
What are the body areas that can be treated?
Any body part is safe to undergo LASER X. For a full list, please refer to the price chart on our Services section.
What is V-Juvenate X?
VJX is a non-surgical, non-invasive and painless vaginal rejuvenation treatment. What we use is RF (Radio Frequency) - a way of using energy waves for medical beauty. It produces heat and energy which is applied to the vagina, labia and the tissues around the vagina to promote the regeneration of collagen, muscle strengthening and tightening.
Who is this treatment for?
The misconception is that those who should be interested in vaginal rejuvenation are only postpartum or postmenopausal women who are looking to reverse the effects of age and childbirth. While it’s true that after childbirth you may notice a change in vaginal laxity, our VJX treatment can also provide significant benefits for women of all types, including those who:
- Have vaginal laxity (a.k.a. looseness, in layman's terms)
- Experience orgasmic problems or sexual dissatisfaction
- Suffer from urinary incontinence
- Suffer from pelvic organ prolapse, such as fallen bladder or rectum
- Experience vaginal dryness
- Are of any age, with or without children